2012 YAMAHA YZF-R1
The 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 is unlinke anything before. Benefitting from
even more MotoGP technology for 2012 with new sevel-level traction
control and the World GP 50th Anniversary livery option. The World
GP livery includes a 50th Anniversary emblem on top of the fuel
tank and a special numbered plate showing the production number of
only 2000 units that will be produced worldwide. From the track to
the street, it truly is "the 1."
- For 2012, the YZF-R1 receives another benefit from MotoGP technology a seven-level Traction
Control System. The system has been developed so the rider does not feel any
unnatural or harsh intervention from the system. In addition,
traction control can aid in reducing tire wear due to less wheel
spin. Coupled with the three level D-Mode electronics throttle
response control, riders have 21 different choices available to
tailor the YZF-R1 to their riding preference.
- World GP 50th Anniversary Edition celebrates Yamaha’s racing heritage with Pearl White/Rapid Red livery. Includes a 50th Anniversary emblem on top of the fuel tank and a
special numbered plate showing the production number of only 2000
units that will be produced worldwide in these commemorative
colors. Gold Yamaha badges are used on the fuel tank, front, and
rear of the motorcycle, and an additional small sticker kit will be
- The 2012 YZF-R1 has a new headlight cowl designed to be sharper, more modern, and more aggressive. LED
position lights are used for a high quality and distinctive look.
Out back, themuffler end caps and heat shields are restyled for a more mechanical look. And a new top triple clamp is styled
after the YZR-M1.
- This R1 keeps all the technological superiorities developed for its predecessor: YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) is MotoGP inspired fly-by-wire technology used to deliver instant
throttle response. YCC-I is Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake which is a variable intake system that broadens the spread of
power. The fuel injection system provides optimum air/fuel mixtures
for maximum power and smooth throttle response.
- In keeping with this machine’s exceptional cornering ability and
crisp handling, the aluminum frame has been designed to offer exceptional rigidity balance. The rear
frame is lightweight Controlled-Fill die-cast magnesium,
contributing the optimum mass centralization. Suspension includes
SOQI front forks which use one of the tricks developed for our winning MotoGP
bikes: independent damping. The left fork handles compression damping and
the right side handles the rebound damping. And the rear shock adopts bottom linkage for optimum suspension
- The sound on the YZF-R1 is unlike any other inline four cylinder
production supersport. The precise and throaty pulse of the exhaust
note will have riders enthused every time the throttle is opened.
- Seven-level Traction Control System allows the rider to get more traction and drive while exiting
- New ECU settings provide excellent drivability during low and mid rpm acceleration.
- New top triple clamps add to the appearance of the YZF-R1, reminiscent of the MotoGP
- The footrests have been redesigned for great boot sole contact and advanced rider/motorcycle
- New headlight cowl styling and LED position lights enhance the YZF-R1’s unique styling.
- New silencer heat guards and end caps are re-styled to give the rear end of the bike a more compact look ,while at the
same time making the individual parts look more mechanical.
- Crossplane crankshaft technology proven in victory after victory on
MotoGP machines provides a high-tech uneven firing interval. Unlike
typical inline-four engine design, where the two outer and two
inner pistons move together in pairs with 180°intervals, the
crossplane crankshaft has each connecting rod 90° with a unique
firing order of 270° 18090180°. This overcomes the inhe